“If you can do mistakes in your own petition cause papers, how are you going to handle the client’s profile”
Okay, I learnt from my mistakes that the date of the petition started as reflected in the date of e-filling receipt instead of the date of petition number.
These are the procedure to remedy my mistakes
1. After filed the wrong Borang 3-5 (whether or not serving Affidavit of Service of Borang 3-5)
2. Refile Borang 3-5, serve the Affidavit of Service of Borang 3-5 together with a LETTER TO CLARIFY THE MISTAKES.
3. Serve a copy of the LETTER TO CLARIFY THE MISTAKES to RKKK
4. If the short call date being affected by the mistakes, kindly notify RKKK to obtain a new short call date.
5. After the letter of no objection (LONO) issued by KL Bar and Bar Council, you can proceed with your short call smoothly 🙂
I will share with you the template of the “Letter to clarify the mistakes” when you serve Borang 3-5 to Bar Council, KL Bar and AG. The template shown as follows:-
No. 13,15 & 17
Leboh Pasar Besar,
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Bar
Tingkat 8, Wisma Kraftangan
No. 9, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Aras 3, Blok C3
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
Re:Petition for Admission
Name: [petitioner name]
Kuala Lumpur High Court Petition No.:
We refer to the matter above.
2.Please be informed that we intend to withdraw the Summons in Chambers dated [date]. This is due to an unavoidable error therein. Kindly ignore the Affidavit of [master name] and [petitioner name] affirmed on [affirmation date].
3.We hereby enclose a copy of the Summons in Chambers dated [new date] and the Affidavits of [master name] and [petitioner name] both affirmed on [affirmation date] by way of service on you.
4.We would be obliged to receive your confirmation of non-objection to the application.
Copy to:The Senior Assistant Registrar
High Court of Malaya at Kuala Lumpur
(Bahagian Rayuan & Kuasa-Kuasa Khas)